Hendon Area Guide
An area with a strong sense of community, a great choice of family homes and excellent transport links that provide easy access to the rest of London.
Interesting area fact: Hendon Town Hall at the Burroughs is where Margaret Thatcher made her first appearance and speech after she became Prime Minister in 1979.
Shops, schools & amenities
- Brent Cross Shopping Centre is North West London's leading shopping destination and is home to over 120 premier stores including Fenwick, Apple, John Lewis, Marks and Spencer and Waitrose. For families, there’s also Topsy Turvy world soft play and numerous restaurants to enjoy. And, with the planned expansion to double the size of the shopping centre, the shopping selection is only going to increase.
- Many great schools including Hasmonean Primary, Independent Jewish Day School, Beth Jacob Primary, Nancy Reuben Primary, Bell Lane Primary, Parkfield, Hendon Prep, St Mary's and St John's CE, Hasmonean High School and Hendon School.
- Extensive parks and green spaces such as Hendon Park, Sunny Hill Park and Copthall Playing Fields.
- A fantastic offering of restaurants and cafes along Brent Street, with many of them Kosher to cater for Hendon’s large Jewish population.
- Hendon also offers several gyms including the popular Nuffield Health gym and the tranquil Laboratory Spa and Health Club. The friendly Hendon Golf Club attracts golfers from a wide cross-section of the local community.
- Hendon is home to the Middlesex University Campus, the state-of-the-art Saracens Rugby Club stadium at Allianz Park, The Pillar boutique hotel and function suites, the world-famous RAF Museum on the site of the former aerodrome, and the Brent Reservoir (known as the Welsh Harp) which has 170 hectares of water and marshland.
- By Road: Hendon has great access to the M1, M25, A41, A1 and the North Circular (A406).
- By Underground: local tube stations include Hendon Central, Colindale and Mill Hill East, all on the Northern Line.
- By Train: Hendon Overground Station offers fast and frequent rail services to central London and destinations such as Luton and Gatwick airports.
- By Bus: Hendon is well-served by London's bus network. Key routes are the 113, 183 and 243 to Marble Arch, Oxford Circus and Brent Cross, 83 to Golders Green, 240 to Edgware and Golders Green, 326 to Barnet and 324 to Brent Cross.