Golders Green Area Guide
A vibrant family area where buyers put down roots, Golders Green offers a wide range of properties from studio flats to generously proportioned detached houses. Golders Green is the kosher hub of London with a vibrant High Street featuring a diverse selection of shops and restaurants.
Interesting area fact: In 2009 a mansion in West Heath Avenue was used for the contestants of the popular TV show The X Factor and received significant press coverage.
Shops, schools & amenities
- The prime shopping destination is the bustling Golders Green Road, which features numerous speciality kosher delis, butchers and bakeries, international supermarkets, and an excellent selection of cafes and restaurants.
- Many top-rated schools including Menorah Primary, Rimon Jewish Primary, Kisharon School, King Alfred and Wessex Gardens. Plenty of playgroups and numerous synagogues are located in this vibrant area.
- The stunning Golders Hill Park forms part of the nearby Hampstead Heath and offers tennis courts, a walled garden and an excellent free zoo and butterfly house. Residents also enjoy the impressive children's playground in Princes Park.
- The stylish Old Bull & Bush pub between Golders Green and Hampstead is the ideal pub which locals have enjoyed since it first opened its doors in 1720!
- By Road: easy access to the M1, M25, A41, A1 and the North Circular (A406).
- By Underground: local tube stations include Brent Cross, Golders Green and Hampstead, all on the Northern Line.
- By Train: Golders Green station is two stops from Hampstead Heath Overground with links to central and suburban London.
- By Bus: excellent bus links going into and around the centre of town depart from the forecourt right next to Golders Green underground station, with the station also being a National Express coach stop.